Today was medical check day.
Our guide took us to the clinic so that Meizi could get a
check-up.
They (the US Consulate)
have to verify that she is healthy and free of TB or any serious illnesses before
they’ll let her become a US citizen.
They measured, and listened, and poked, prodded, and peered and finally took her away from us and
pricked her for a blood test. She was not happy about that.
 |
| 90 cm tall, 14 kg of heavy |
 |
| Little trooper |
She was so brave through the whole thing but I just hate that look of
betrayal that all little children seem to get after a shot. “I can’t believe you let them do that
to me. Seriously, why do I even
HAVE parents if they can’t protect me from things like that.”
The doctor verified that Yun Mei did
indeed have scabies (as we suspected) and that the treatment we gave her seemed
to have worked as it was supposed to.
She’s healing nicely but unfortunately the itchiness and allergic reactions will take a few
more weeks to go away completely.
Round of applause for Stacey’s wisdom and foresight!
 |
| Green stuff! |
Afterwards we stopped at Carrefour for some essentials. We were tired and Meizi was super-grouchy
from only getting 6 hours of sleep the night before so we took it easy. We wandered around the neighborhood a
little. The street out in front of
our hotel is a wholesale pet market! Meizi thought it was pretty cool.
Especially the kitties and fishies. -Mark
1 comment:
Well, you're getting closer to home every day. It gets hard to think of anything but just being at home! I'm so glad you had the scabies cream. I felt so helpless at that medical appointment but it seems like they were at least able to confirm the parasites. It will get better.
Louisa loves the tub too-- she begs to get in at least twice a day. I wonder if this was something that the kids were allowed to do for fun. Lou just stands in there. It really relaxes her. She enjoys the shower almost more than the bath--you might want to try that.
Have you been able to Skype home? Hope all is well.
I can't believe how anxious I feel inside for you when I read the blog. I think I still have China PTSD. Lol. You really can't explain how stressful it is to sit in a hotel room and listen to a kid scream. My pits sweat for you. Hahaha (sorry, not sorry). Did you ever think that you would evaluate every movement, touch, sound?? Makes you kind of crazy, in a neurotic, "what the heck do we do now??" Kind of way. I know that there are times when you want to run away, but don't forget to breathe. Prepare yourself to expect tantrums and then find some funny things to laugh about-- (I.e., Bruce Lee Noodles?? What the what?)
Send our greetings to Cathy. We liked her. She helped us in Guangzhou on both trips this year. :)
Post a Comment